Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Fashion of Self


This is a picture of me before heading to my internship at PaperCity Magazine in Dallas, Texas. I chose a black blazer, crème ruffled blouse, loose black and flower patterned skirt that shits about two inches above the knee, and gold metallic flats for a sophisticated and modern look. My outfit choice reflects a lot about who I am because it shows I am a college woman just getting started in the working world and the metallic flats and ruffled top display my youth and appreciation for current trends. The first piece I chose was my black theory blazer because it makes any outfit look crisp and effortless. It has a classic fitted shape with ¾ length sleeves and with buttons going down the front if I wanted to make a more hourglass silhouette. The fabric is 96% wool and 4% lycra, making it not so suitable for a hot day in Texas. My crème colored blouse is sleeveless, fitted, and neutral so that it goes well with anything. Holding the fabric together are the buttons that go all the way down the middle of the shirt. The fabric is 94% silk and 6% spandex, which is nice because it adds some stretch to the shirt and makes it not too tight. Lastly, my black skirt is patterned with lavender and white flowers for a fresh, feminine look, and is 100% silk. The fastenings of the skirt are held together with sewn seems. The silhouette is fitted at the waist for an hourglass look and then poofs out at the bottom for a more fuller, flared look. Overall I think my outfit works because of the delicate silk materials mixed with the strength of the classic blazer.

No comments:

Post a Comment